5/16/13

Time to make Clothing

It has been nearly 100 the past few weeks since I posted, and other than running around Nekid (No-one should ever see that hahaha), I decided I better put quilting to the side and make myself some summer clothing.

I read about interesting patterns on the website Pattern Review.  Before you buy a pattern this is a GREAT place to go see if that pattern gave anyone problems -- Sure glad I checked some on my list, many ran very big, one I needed to buy the pattern size one UP, so always check on any potential pattern at that website first and read about any issues seamstresses may have had.

Easy elastic waist band Capri's -- I love wearing these during the hot summer months!  They fit the bill because they are longer and soak up more moisture, All Cotton - Nothing is better than a soft cotton to wear!  I do like making the string ties for the legs, and use the same method I tie up and "gift" wrap a quilt to give.

Well there is the most Amazing Batiste cotton I found.  NewYork Fashion Fabrics?  Gosh I need to make that a link  but it is their very pricey 100% cotton Batiste on a bolt.  When my bolts arrived I had to poke through the plastic to feel this fabric and OhMyGawd!   I want to wrap myself in this all summer!!  Yes, it's that soft - BUT :-)  Pricey and Sheer!  Well all that aside, I'm slowly working on a blouse that will be so cool to wear.  To the side on the right, you'll see reviews on Patterns I try from time to time.

Have a great day doing what YOU love to do in life, be happy.

:-Dee

No comments: