11/27/12

191 Blocks

Yes, 191 blocks. Somehow I'm ONE block short!  Ahh no biggie.  I made some blocks (about 40) using a tan instead of grey at first, so those extras I can take and add in here and there and maybe no-one with notice?

Well, I'm going to get this off my chest.  Over 150+ posted links and I guess I'm shocked.  Not 1 person left a comment.   -0-   It took me 3 days to figure out how to build a blog.  I spent hours yesterday visiting all the linked blogs and made sure to leave a comment, especially if there were not many.  As a new quilter trying to learn, I've also worked hard to participate.  Thank you for making me feel welcome.  Not a whine, a Fact.

I joined to learn and a sewing along with others sounded fun, like we are all in this together.  Well, we are not.

I am excited to see what the next clue will be, and how all these lovely colors are going to play together.  I don't want it to be Monday or Tuesday... Come ON Friday :-)   Even after being a block short and finding my first sets... I had to pull out these colorful fabrics and look at them again.  Not ones I use normally but so cheerful, bright and they look great together, even just sitting on top of my cutting table!  How will this Mystery Quilt unfold?

Anyway, I haven't been able to spin these open to rip that center stitch.  I'm using a 2.0 stitch length so maybe that's why, I don't know?  I can pinwheel them with a seam ripper, but being so new to this I don't know if opening those stitches is essential to this quilt, or if I have them nice and snugged into, laying nice and flat will that work with the blocks or whatever will come around them?

My wonderful (((((ohhh I love this man))))))) husband saw the humor in the name I chose along with the spiky fence border.  He thought of the cute idea having photos of one of our cats popping into my pages here and there.  And, Best of all -- Despite the fact there is seriously close to 1000 yards of fabric in our home, he didn't blink when I said I was heading out at the crack of Saturday, coupon in hand to get more Fabrics!!  God what a gift I have!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will probably take a little time to build up a following..and this is a busy time of year for many!! I like it so far..lol! But I can't figure out how to "follow" you!
jann

Susan @ MadebyMommainPA.Blogspot.Com said...

Lol It does take a while to generate some comments. A lot of people read but just dont "say" anything! I've been blogging for a few months now and still only have 15 followers. I figure Im blogging for "me"--I havent even told my own mother my blog address!!

(Wildbluestarz)

Unknown said...

LOL Wild... mostly my cats watch as I type here!

Jann, you have to have a google account (it's free) or LiveJournal WordPress one of those I think?